Sunday, November 15, 2009

6 Months

6 months old...I can't believe it. Words can't describe how much I am loving being your mom. It seems like each month I am amazed by how fun you are, only to find out the next month it only gets better. You are learning to sit up now which is fun. We practice every day. You can hold your own for about 10 -20 seconds before you topple over. Of course I am there to catch you. I was even able to snap a few pictures the other day of you sitting up.


You love to stand too. When we say big girl stand, you smile and laugh. Raising you hand above you head always makes you laugh. You weigh about 14 lbs and are still small. I hope now that we have started baby food you will start gaining more. I am a little obsessed about not wanting you to be so small but I give you all the breast milk, formula, and baby food that you want so you must be getting exactly what you need. Here is the baby food you have had so far: carrots, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, peas, green beans, applesauce, pears, banana, and apple/blueberry. Oh, and oatmeal, you LOVE your oatmeal in the morning. So far your favorite veggie is carrots. You take one bite and your mouth is open ready for the next. You look like a little bird. You don't like green veggies that much but will eat them. At least you don't spit them out. I am also grateful to who ever invented the mesh feeder. You spent 30 minutes one day working on a banana while I ate lunch.

You take 2-2 hour naps every day and sleep 11 hours at night. You are definantly a kid who needs her sleep. If you take a short nap in the afternoon you will have a rough evening. You get so tired you don't know what to do with yourself. But, thankfully that doesn't happen very often. You are usually asleep by 8:30 and sleep until 7:30.

You are super curious about everything. It doesn't matter where you are, you constantly reach for anything and everything you can grab. My cell phone is a huge favorite. The blender also gets dirty every morning while I feed you oatmeal. You put you fingers in your mouth while I am feeding you and then grab the blender handle. I have tried to move it away but you just spend you time trying to grab it and grunting. So, I just gave up and let you get it dirty. One of you favorite things is to hear your daddy talk. If he is talking to me, you will stare at him the entire time...just like this.

Your acid reflux seems to be getting better. I am so thankful! Spitting up all over you and me was getting REALLY old. You can even whistle. Well, by accident but you can whistle!

Here are two sweet pictures of your face.

Happy 6 month (aka 1/2 birthday) my sweet girl.












No comments:

Post a Comment