Wednesday, April 14, 2010

5 years is way to long!

On Monday I got the chance to see my childhood best friend for the first time in 5 years.  The last time I saw her was at her wedding.  Sara and I grew up together as neighbors, best friends, play mates, and church friends.  As we got older and moved to opposite sides of town, our friendship suffered and we grew apart.  We still talked and saw each other on occasion but we were never super close like we were when we were little.  I got married and moved to Tulsa.  She got married and moved to minnesota to get her PhD.  We went several years without even talking to each other.  Now, our children have brought us back together.  Sara was in Muskogee visiting her grandparents so my parents, Brynlee, and I headed there on Monday for a visit.  Here are some pictures of our trip.  We even stopped by honor heights park to take a few pictures. 

The nanny's! 



Brynlee and Sam

Sara and I





My parents and Brynlee

I love this little girl so much! 

I had so much fun seeing Sara and her sweet family.  I left there thinking how much I have missed having her in my life.  I wish I could go back to when we drifted apart and change it but I can't.  I can only look to the future and hope that through our children, we will rekindle a great friendship.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment