Thursday, July 15, 2010

Match Maker, Match Maker, Make me a Match!

I am participating in Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life-Show us your SINGLE BOYS! 

This single boy  man is VERY close to my heart and whom I love very much...my brother.

He is a 35 year old divorced/single father who is raising his daughter on his own.  He has sole custody of her and his ex-wife is no longer in their life. 

My best friend from college Lisa did a post about Kevin as well.  She ended up marrying my brothers childhood best friend.  Sometimes it feels like Lisa is more like my sister/sister-in-law than my friend.  She is family!  Her DH even wrote part of her blog post.  He knows Kevin really well.  They have been best friends all their life. 

Kevin and I were raised in a loving christian home.  Our parents always made sure we had everything we needed.  They often sacrificed so that we could have even more.  We have a large extended family and always find reasons to get together.  We use the word cook-out and swimming very often.  :)  Family is VERY important to him.  Kevin and his daughter still attend the church we grew up at and attend every Sunday.  My parents teach kindergarten sunday school (and have for as long as I can remember) and he teaches a singles class as well.

I didn't have to think long to find the things I love about my brother.  He is a daddy(girls you know what I mean...there are dad's and then there are daddys), caring, compassionate, considerate, understanding, laid back, fun, helpful, and the list can go on and on.  Oh, and he cleans and does laudry.  SCORE!  He is a huge OU fan and enjoys going to the football and basketball games.  He likes playing golf and his daughter plays golf too.  She is pretty good at it and it gives them something to enjoy together.  He likes to read and enjoys quiet nights at home or nights on the town.   He has a great job and successful career.  He doesn't shy away from the girlie stuff.  He would be the first person in the floor to play pretty pretty princess (earrings and all) with his daughter.  Too bad I don't have a picture.  Ha! 
 
Just to be honest...he is looking for a serious relationship.  He is so ready to find a christian wife and a mother figure for his daughter.  He wants more kids and his daughter would be a fantastic big sister.  She loves her little cousin Brynlee (my daughter). 

Here is Kevin holding Brynlee.  Sorry about the old picture.

He loves to have lunch with friends.   These girls are friends from high school who were in town visiting.

Kevin and his daughter

Kevin, I want you to know that I am so proud of you.  You have been the best father to your little girl and she is so lucky to have you.  You are someone's prince charming...you just need to find her.  Don't ever give up on looking. 

My brother is a wonderful christian man and I know in my heart there is someone out there for him.  If you would like to get to know him or know someone who would, please leave me your e-mail address in the comments.  Thanks! 

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. what a cutie and he sounds like a great guy! talk about melt your heart if he will play princess with his girl. his girl is precious! if he doesn't mind a girl that lives in the houston area then feel free to pass on my email ambermcgaugh82@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister also reads kelly's korner, and she sent me a note this morning, directing me straight to the profile you posted about your brother. I have to say, this isn't something I normally do, but hey, we all do things for our sister's sometimes. Some info about me, I also attend the same church I grew up in. I teach toddler's sunday school and Bible class for elementary age kids. I'm 31, single and live in the Tulsa area. My email is tudopey@yahoo.com. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I think I met my match. :) I found your blog from Kelley's. I am 40 and so everyone else was posting about 20-year-olds and that's a little too young for me. Ha! :) Your bother sounds amazing. I have a blog out there, that you should go and check out and my picture is on there too. I am a college professor at Sacred Heart University in CT. I know it is a distance, but it would be nice to see what happens. I am christian and very devoted to family. I am single but have 9 nieces and one nephew and I am the youngest of 5! My email is nina_tarner@hotmail.com and as I mentioned I have a blog that you and he can check out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I would love for my sister to meet him! (She'll kill me!) She's 34 and lives in the Texarkana area. She's a great Christian, single mom! Email me! katiekords@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a single mom of 4 in dallas texas... I too have custody of my children and their dad is not very involved...Brian1457@sbcglobal.net (i got the kids and email address:) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your brother sounds like a great guy! You can check out my blog and see if you think we would get along. I am a teacher living in the Tulsa area...no kids, just a great dog. Your little girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Handsome, a Daddy & Great Christian...someone will be one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww he sounds amazing. I am younger at 25 and live in Nashville but thought I'd pass my info along anyway. Love the Lord and just graduated with my M.Ed and looking to teach :) My blog has lots of info on me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right now I am wishing MN was not so far from OK. I wish I could find a man like that! I am a single 32 year old living in northern MN. My email is liisa619@yahoo.com and I am also on Facebook.
    Blessings!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim- Your brother sounds like a great guy! I've never left a comment on a blog before and I am not a fan of meeting people online but the great things you wrote about your brother made me want to send you my email address. I have a twin brother that I am very close to so I know the feeling of wanting to see our brothers happy! I am 30 years old and live in Fort Worth. I don't have a blog but feel free to pass on my email address if you would like... kate2680@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi...I read Kellys blog all the time, and was excited about this weeks Show us your life. I have a co-worker/friend, Sheri, that is 33 and a Christian. She has never been married nor has kids. She works full time at FAA and is going to UCO at nights to complete her Bachelors in Accounting. If this seems like someone that your brother might like to have a date with please email me @ rcawthra@sbcglobal.net ...Thanks Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your brother sounds like a great guy, except for the part about being an OU fan! Ha...I guess that's to be expected from a Razorback fan!
    http://www.shannon-leigh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. He sounds great. Looks pretty good too!! :)
    Here's my email address if he wants more info about me and wants to see a photo.
    llm050@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I posted on your friends site but I also thought I would try here. I live in the Tulsa area and teach 4th grade. I love kids! Kevin sounds wonderful. I would love to talk with him. My email is elizabethjturner@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your comments ladies! You will be hearing from me or my brother very soon. Have a great weekend! Melissa, can you e-mail me? I didn't see your e-mail address on your profile...my e-mail address is on mine. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! He sounds like a REALLY awesome guy. I'm a 36 year-old single momma of one adopted daughter. Find me on facebook - allie1111@peoplepc.com . www.facebook.com/allison.fuller1

    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kim...here's my e-mail mlytle@bixbyps.org

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi!
    Here is the link to my best friend's fb page:

    http://www.facebook.com/#!/jillydl?ref=ts

    She is 34, an awesome Christan, has a great job and is cute as a button! She lives NW Arkansas. She is truly one of the best people I know and I would love for her to find a great guy.

    God bless,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am 34 christian single girl. I guess I am a woman since I am 34 but anyway. I read your blog about your brother and knew right way i wanted to reply. I am currently pursuing my masters in Social Work and live about an hour outside of Philadelphia. I don't have any children but would love to have children. When I am not working on my school I am busy spending time with my two nephews. I also work with the high school youth group at my church. Your brother seems to have a heart of gold and is someone that I would love to get to know better. My email is shrommy@hotmail.com. I hope to hear from one of you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kim,
    I have to admit I'd not heard of Kelly's Korner before. A friend directed me to it and more specifically to your brother's info. I'm a 36 year old single (obviously) lady. I've never been married, but it's been my heart's desire for as long as I can remember to be a wife and mother. I've prayed for a Godly man and have not had many relationships, because I seem to have pretty high standards. Your brother sounds like an amazing guy and to have a sister that thinks so highly of him is a definite plus. I live in Shawnee OK, went to school at OBU and have worked there for the past several years. I'm very involved in my church, where I work in our kid's ministry. I ADORE children, and want nothing more than to find someone that I can come along side in life to have as my best friend and partner in all things. I too, am an avid OU fan. Family is extremely important to me and I want nothing more in life than to be a part of a family that just loves being together. Sorry this is a bit wordy, but I figure what do I have to lose. I'd love to have a chance to at least talk with Kevin and see if there might be an interest there. Take care and God bless. Traci
    trace1005@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Kim!

    Your brother sounds like he would be a perfect husband for some sweet lady out there...
    Oh...I am married...heehee!

    I can't believe the responses he has gotten. Good luck Kev!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greetings! As we all say, "found you per Kelly's Korner," and promised Kelly I would look at today's single day. As one of her featured profiles (oh, what we agree too!), I promised her I'd be open. While looking at Kelly's list, I thought about last year's list and your Kevin. I found my way to the original list last summer. No doubt, Kevin is a gem...and most of all a love and passion for Christ and the life we celebrate.

    I live in Norman, but work in Oklahoma City. 34, never been married, no children, educated, full time job and live! Blesed beyond measure. If his heart isn't swelling over someone, please pass along my blog.

    I hope your 2011 is filled with all things that make you smile!

    All my best ...kate
    www.kathleenbradystanton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete