Saturday, November 20, 2010

18 Months

Brynlee Bear you are now a year and a half.   I am so thankful you are growing up healthy and strong but sad you are no longer a baby...you are now a toddler.  You started walking a week before you turned 17 months.  That was a long time a comin'!  You are pretty much running now and I think you love your new found independence.  Here are some things you are doing right now:

  • You love to re-arrange our house.  Now that you are walking you carry things all over the place. 
  • You play chase/find daddy with Daddy every night while I clean up from dinner
  • You wear a size 4 diaper
  • you weigh 22 1/2 pounds
  • you open my kitchen drawers and stand on your tippy toes to get out whatever you can feel.  This is part of the re-arranging issues I wrote about above
  • you always want to drink out of my glass
  • your favorite foods are any kind of fruit, chick-fil-a chicken nuggets, steamed carrots, ice cream, mac and cheese from Louie's, grilled cheese, honey maple turkey and avocado
  • you love your new kitchen Nanny and Poppa gave you
  • you LOVE to sit in bed with daddy and watch Backyardigans
  • Elmo is still your favorite on Sesame Street
  • You go to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 and sleep until 8:00.  Last week I even got a few 7:30-8:30 days.  You take a 3 hour nap everyday.  
  •  On command you can kick your feet, shake your head, scrunch up your nose like a pig, dance, wave, say bye-bye
  • you are so good natured (we haven't had our first fit yet)  :)
  • you say ball "ba" when you throw a ball
  • You aren't saying many words but babble constantly Your 5 words are momma, dada, ba (ball), bye-bye, and juice
  • since you don't talk you point and grunt at whatever you want. 
  • nicknames - B, Brynlee Bear, Boo Boo, Boo Bear
  • I spend about 5 minutes rocking you every night.  I sing You Are My Sunshine, you kiss me through the entire song, we pray, and then snuggle.  It all comes to an end when you point to your bed. :(
  • if you hear a plane outside you always look up to try and find it
  • you will bring me your matching shoes from your closet.  That mean you want to go outside.
  • you love to bang a spoon in a pan...we call this "cookin"
  • you love to color with anything that will write and you are VERY intense about it. I'll have to post a video soon.  It is really funny!
  • you think it is funny when you toot or hear someone else toot. 
  • You are very social and wave at everyone when we go out to eat.  I think it tickles you to have everyone paying attention to you. 
Happy 1/2 Birthday baby girl! 



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment