Saturday, January 1, 2011

You are an obsession, you're my obsession

That is what Brynlee would be singing to my kitchen appliances if she could talk/sing.  She loves to open the dishwasher, close it, open it, close it, (repeat this about 10 times) then lock it, and press start.  This is fine most days unless she does it when I have a dishwasher full of CLEAN dishes!  Now, they are all wet and I have to dry everything to put them away.  Ah, motherhood! 

So thankful the knobs on my stove lock or I would have to remove them.  I have found my oven on a few times and the light would mysteriously turn on and off through out the day.  The door is also too heavy for her to open.  Thank goodness!  

These pictures would be the reason I finally broke down and bought a baby gate.  She was getting into everything and I couldn't handle it anymore.  It was mostly a problem when I wasn't in the kitchen.  She would get something out of a cabinet or drawer and carry it off to who knows where.  I would just have to live without it until I came across it.  One time I found a measuring spoon in my shoe that was in my closet. Oh, and the drawer I keep my pens in...ya, that was a favorite too.  I knew if I didn't do something, I would end up with pen on my walls and couch.  Yes, we could have locked all out cabinets and drawers but that would of been 16.  Too many for me!  Anyway, problem solved and she doesn't mind the gate at all.  Hooray!









Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment