Thursday, December 10, 2009

Uncle Jay and Aunt Karen come for Thanksgiving!

Aunt Karen Uncle Jay













For Thanksgiving Duane's sister, brother-in-law, and their 4 kids came into town. The entire week was very busy but we had a blast. They hadn't seen Brynlee yet so we were really excited for them to visit. I took my older nieces shopping one day, we went to the aquarium, and played lots of wii fit and shawn white snowboarding. Thanksgiving night we brought all the kids back to our house for a sleepover. It was weird driving home in a suburban with 5 kids. We sang Christmas carols all the way home. I loved every minute of it. When we got to our house we all realized no one had eaten dinner. We were all so stuffed from our late thanksgiving lunch that we weren't hungry until 8:00. So we scrambled around finding everyone something to eat. My niece Bekah made nachos...well tried to anyway. She ended up dumping 1/2 of them into our hot over. LOVE YOU BEKAH!! :) The house got really smokey and I was fearfully praying that the smoke detectors wouldn't go off. (Brynlee was asleep) We stayed up until 1 playing the wii. Well, I think Duane went to bed at 12, I stayed up to get everyone to bed. After they went home Duane and I kept talking about how well behaved our nieces and nephew are. They are so polite. For example, my 7 year old niece Lilah asked me this at breakfast, "Aunt Kim, I am full, may I be excused?" Awesome huh? Those are questions you just don't hear anymore. We had a great week with them and wish we lived closer. Oh and Brynlee loved them being here too. She was well entertained, as they were with her. :)

Fun at the aquarium:


















Thanks for visiting us for Thanksgiving. We had a blast! We hope to see you soon. Love and miss you guys!








No comments:

Post a Comment