Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Fun Before the Storm

Since we have a winter storm on the way I asked my friend Erin and her little boy Oliver over for a (must get out of the house before the storm hits) play date. When I asked her over in a text she responded YES!!!! I think that's cabin fever talking.

A little background on how I know Erin. We worked together during college but fell out if touch. 12 years later we found each other on fb through a mutual friend. Thanks Julie! Duane and Erin knew each other from the BSU at OU but Duane never knew Erin started dating one of his college roommates Elliot around the time we got married and moved to Tulsa. Well, Elliot and Erin got married 7years ago and live almost around the corner from us. We were both in shock when we figured it all out! I have had a great time re-connecting with her and I am so happy to have gained a new friend. Oh, her youngest Oliver and Brynlee are 2 weeks apart. Brynlee gained a friend too!

Here are some pictures from our play date. Thanks for coming to play Oliver...we can't wait to come come to your house on Monday!




The ball pit was huge hit!







Peek-a-boo!








Oliver was so cute. He didn't know what to think about a little girl being close to his mommy! Precious!


I am trying out a new app called BlogPress. It allows me to blog from my iPhone. So far it's great! Thanks to my cousin Jennifer for telling me about it.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. We really enjoyed our play date! Can't wait to do it again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Glad you and Erin have reconnected and your kiddos are getting to play together! Wish I lived around the corner from you two!

    ReplyDelete