Sunday, February 6, 2011

Worth it?

I am not sure that worth it is the right word to use but I truly enjoyed my weekend.  Last week Duane was in Miami and I was home with a sick baby.  She had/has RSV that turned into a double ear infection.  One ear was really bad.  It's crazy how quickly ears can get bad from Sunday to Thursday.  She screamed from 12:30 to 4:00 early Thursday morning.  I was miserable and so was she.  Duane's parents came over to help on Thursday and take her to the doctor.  I have never been more thankful for grandparents as I was on Thursday.  Duane felt terrible he had to be gone.  It wouldn't of been so bad if we didn't have all the snow.  Being snowed in and not being able to get out was terrible.   It all turned out fine and Brynlee is on the mend...well we are now dealing with diarrhea from the antibiotics, which is causing diaper rash.  This is the first oral antibiotic she has ever been on and her first bad ear infection.  Poor girl can't catch a break. 

Duane told me that I can do whatever I wanted to this weekend and he would take care of Brynlee.  How could I refuse?  Here is what I did or didn't do:

  • served breakfast in bed on Saturday
  • slept in Sunday
  • watched a movie in our bedroom while daddy and Brynlee played (haven't done this while a baby was awake in almost 2 years)
  • cleaned up my hard drive (it was full so I had to remove a bunch of pictures)
  • filled orders
  • got caught up on blogging
  • relaxed
  • removed pics and video from my iphone 
I am not sure if the rough week I had last week was worth having two days to do whatever I wanted, but it sure was nice.  Brynlee refused her nap today but Duane watched her while I blogged and relaxed in the bedroom.  He mentioned it stinks when she doesn't nap and you have stuff to do...um ya!  When I was done around 4 I found the kitchen and living room spotless.  :)  I was treated to dinner at my favorite restaurant.

What a wonderful weekend!  Oh, and one GOOD thing did come from him going to Miami.  Duane loved the area/hotel he stayed at so much that there is talk of us returning for a 4 day weekend sometime soon.  Sounds fun to me!  

I am sooo happy to have my family all under one roof again.  Tomorrow it's back to reality.  

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment