Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day we had planned on having a nice quiet dinner at home. We ordered pizza from Lou Malnatie's in Chicago. It is delivered over night, frozen, and packed in dry ice. Our order should have been delivered on Friday but because of the road conditions, UPS was running behind. We tried 3 times to schedule a pick up at the warehouse but was told that pick-up was only available after the 1st delivery attempt. Our pizza ruined in the warehouse over the weekend. Boo! On to plan B...

We decided to go out and eat at Los Cabos. It was yummy as always. I never did enjoy the singers at Mexican restaurants. They are always so loud. Now I have a different view, they entertain 1 year olds.

YouTube Video

Daddy and the DVD player. Sometimes you have to be THAT couple.



She ate so good that night. She loves avocado and ate almost a whole one along with her fair share of tortillas and cheese dip. She was really good the entire time.


Playing with the rose they gave us.



Homemade light cheesecake with strawberry purée. It was pretty good for a light cheesecake. I got the recipe from my cooking light magazine or here http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000002011009.

The purée was easy. Purée the strawberries in a food processor. Heat on the stove with 1/4 cup sugar and 1tsp of cornstarch. Let it bubble and thicken. I added some chunks of strawberries to mine.


Oh and this is what Duane brought home for me during lunch. Flowers and a coke zero...I think I'll keep him! Ha!



We did get another shipment of pizza at the expense of UPS. Guess we will be having Chicago pizza this weekend. Yum!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment