Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New High Chair

I have used a bumbo as a high chair since Brynlee started solids at 4 months.  It was one of the best gifts I received.  Now that she is very curious about everything, it became really hard to keep her attention while on the kitchen counter.  Even for food.  She was more interested in the blender sitting next to her than eating.  Even if I moved her down, she would try and try to get to it.  The tray was snapped in so she couldn't get out but I am positive she thought if she tried hard enough she could.  

In mid Jauary, we went and bought a high chair.  I wanted to be smart about what I bought.  I hate it when I buy something only to find after a few weeks I hate it.  So I did my research and read reviews on Amazon.  I asked for help on facebook but didn't get much.  Most people said it doesn't matter, just buy one.  I was disappointed I didn't get much help.  I almost bought a Boon.  The best thing about this is that the chair is all one piece and is super easy to clean.  There are NO cracks for food to fall in.  I have seen some nasty high chairs and it really grosses me out.  The biggest negative was the round base. I wasn't too crazy about it and not sure if I could get it into my kitchen.  I also couldn't find it in any store.  I have learned my lesson with buying heavy items online that I can't look at in the store.  So, in the end I deicded against it. 

We ended up buying a Chicco and so far I like it.  It does have tons of crack where food has already started to collect.  I will just have to be faithful about cleaning it really good each week. 


1 comment:

  1. We just got Caiden his first high chair. He too outgrew his Bumboo! On to the next phase...high chairs and keeping them clean!

    ReplyDelete